Neck MRI- Benefits and Risks
- Neck MRI allows our radiologists to take detailed images of a patient’s neck, making the process of identifying neck abnormalities or injuries easier and quicker.
- MRI does not use ionizing radiation (high-energy radiation that can be potentially damaging).
- There are no known harmful side-effects associated with temporary exposure to the strong magnetic field used by radiologists.
- The magnet may cause pacemakers, artificial limbs and other implanted medical devices that contain metal to malfunction or heat up during the neck MR exam.
- Any loose metal object may cause damage or injury if it gets pulled toward the magnet.
- Dye from tattoos can cause skin irritation.
- Prolonged exposure to radio waves during the exam could lead to slight warming of the body.