Neck MR Angiogram- About the Exam
Mountain Medical offers neck MR angiogram , which allows our radiologists to diagnose and treat medical conditions related to the blood vessels in the neck. Using MRI, a neck MR angiogram can identify abnormalities in the neck including plaque disease in the carotid artery of the neck, aneurysms, injuries, and other diseases in the blood vessels.
What you can expect during a neck MR angiogram:
- The technologist will ask you to lay down flat on the examination table.
- The examination table will slowly move through the MRI machine while the neck MR angiogram is performed.
- You may be asked to hold your breath during the scanning. Any motion, whether breathing or body movements, can lead to artifacts on the images.
- When the neck MR angiogram is completed, you will be asked to wait until the radiologist verifies that the images are of high enough quality for accurate interpretation.
- A neck MR angiogram is usually completed within 15 minutes.
Learn how to prepare for neck MR angiogram.
Learn the benefits and risks of neck MR angiogram.