BPH Treatment (Prostate Embolization) - Benefits and Risks
- 90% of patients see extreme improvement after prostate embolization is performed.
- Prostate embolization can decrease the lower urinary tract symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate.
- There is no evidence suggesting that BPH treatment leads to prostate cancer.
- There is always a slight risk of cancer from radiation exposure used during diagnostic medical imaging.
- There is a slight risk of patients developing transient blood in their sperm or diarrhea after the procedure.
- Some patients experience temporary increases in urinary frequency for 24 hours after the procedure.