Ultrasound Guided Thyroid Biopsy- Benefits and Risks
- The results of ultrasound guided thyroid biopsy of the thyroid are close to 95% accurate for adequate biopsies.
- Ultrasound guided thyroid biopsy is a reliable method of obtaining tissue samples from the thyroid.
- An ultrasound guided thyroid biopsy is minimally invasive and is generally painless.
- Recovery time is brief and patients can resume their usual activities the same day.
- Bleeding at the site of the biopsy
- Injury to structures adjacent to the thyroid.